The residency is open to MFA graduates from Fine Art programs programs across the world who have graduated in the last 5 years..
The next residency period runs from August 2018 through to May 2019.
Who can apply-
Artists who have graduated from an MFA in fine art or equivalent program between 2013-2018.
- 24-hour access to a shared studio
- Furnished apartment
- $30,000 Stipend
- Rental car
- Return plane ticket
- Part-time teaching experience at VCUQatar
- Exhibition in Doha, Qatar
Fellowship recipient responsibilities
- Teach 1-2 classes per semester
- Deliver a public lecture on your work
- Produce a body of work for a solo exhibition
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to supply electronically:
- A 1-page Artist Statement
- CV including address, phone, e-mail and website link if available
- Portfolio – Up to 15 images and documentation script. For video please include links to external video sites such as Vimeo.
- All of the above should be combined into 1 single PDF, no larger than 50 MB.
- You can send your application as an email attachment (attachment sending limit permitting) or through google drive or wetransfer
Applications should be sent to:
Rhys Himsworth, Director of Painting and Printmaking, VCUQatar
Application Deadline : 01 April 2018
Please note: Only digital applications will be accepted.